Working Holiday Visa Australia & 5 Reasons Why You Should Do It
One of the best things I ever did was apply for the working holiday visa Australia and book a one way flight ✈️
I’m originally from England UK & so it’s pretty far in terms of a plane ride from the UK to Australia.
Around 24 hours give or take 😱 But so worth it when you land 😍
If you have been considering it even in the slightest – You should totally do it!
Because living life abroad away from your comfort zone entirely, makes you realise just how strong you really are, both mentally and physically.
If you’re one of the people who are eligible to get a working holiday visa Australia, you’re pretty damn lucky! And yep, it’s a privilege, because not all people have the ability to apply for these.
If you’ve been considering it but are on the fence about it due to thinking you may not be able to find a job etc (fear is talking here, you WILL get a job, read this) you don’t have to do it alone.
There are some companies which you can pay, and they basically do everything for you. Companies like STA Travel, who we used on the very first WHV to Canada, are pretty good. They have offices in the select countries they work with and so you’ll have someone to go to when you go to your chosen country. Be it Canada, Australia, New Zealand, you get the idea. This way, if it’s your first time going away by yourself or with friends, it’ll ease you into it! Do some research on which company will be the best for you at the time of applying.
If you’re happy to wing it like I did on my second WHV, this time for Australia. It’s so easy to do.
Although I believe the WHV criteria has now changed since a few months ago, if you are eligible, you can do the application online.
You can find further information on the Australia Government website here regarding costs and requirements.
Once you get to Australia, you can either sign up to job boards which you can find in most down town areas, or of course if you have friends who are there already, they may be able to hook you up with a job.
During the time I was in Dingo, there was a bunch of backpackers who came after hearing about the jobs through their mates. So it’s feasible depending on the job and availability. You can read about my time there here.
If you have a skill that you can translate online you may find an online job opportunity as a Virtual Assistant or if you have a skill like Photography or Videography, you can start building a client base before you leave. I was working for some clients through my laptop whilst in Aus! So there’s heaps of options.
And that takes me to Working Holiday Visa Australia & 5 Reasons Why You Should Do It.
- It’s a life changing experience. I can’t put into words just how many life skills you will pick up by doing this experience be it for 3 months, 6 months, 12 months. It’s gonna change you in a positive and big way.
- You get to know yourself way better than when you are around your friends and family. You get to really meet new people everyday and try out new experiences and step out of your comfort zone and have an amazing time!
- Australia is DIFFERENT. From the cities to the outback, there’s a huge contrast. There is something for everyone, even you are person of colour like moi!
- The roadtrips will make you feel ridiculous that you EVER complained about driving for an hour to the next city in your home time. THIS PLACE IS HUUUUUUGE with SO much land. It’s crazy and one must just experience it!
- Nature at it’s best. Seriously guys, I got to experience wild kangaroos as my neighbours out in Dingo.. Where else can you experience that? I also got to experience the wildest sunsets and sunrises, and the best fires in the back garden drinking beer and singing to music with backpackers without a single care in the world. I got to see a wild snake whilst walking back from where I was working. I got to overcome my fear of spiders and moths! And if you love reptiles and all sorts of weird and wonderful creatures, you will love this aspect of it, or learn to love it 😏
So what are you waiting for?
Leave a comment below, I would love to hear about where you at.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list for travel inspiration, tips, tutorials and more fun stuff.
Stalk me on Socials & join the conversation